Grilling Safety Tips
The weather is warming up from the cooler temps we’ve been experiencing here in Scottsdale. Warmer temperatures means people are trying to get outdoors as much as possible before we see those scorching triple digit temperatures. For many of us, spending time outdoors can mean one thing – it’s grilling time. SERVPRO of Scottsdale has put together a list of some grilling safety tips for your next cookout. The last thing anyone should have to deal with is fire damage from a grilling mishap.
Avoid A Fire, Practice Safe Grilling
- Grills should only be used outdoors.
- Make sure you place your grill away from building structures on a flat surface.
- Don’t grill around a lot of weeds, trees or shrubbery.
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand just in case.
- Do not leave the grill unattended.
- Make sure the grill is clean and that any fat or grease buildup is removed.
- If you’re using a charcoal grill, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never use the starter fluid on open flames.