What You Need To Know About Mold Toxicity
When dealing with mold in a business, it's smart to cut right to the chase: are molds toxic? After all, molds are a type of fungi, part of the group including yeast, mildew and mushrooms, and everyone knows that mushrooms can be deadly. A mycotoxin is a special type of mold that can be found in association with foods.
How To Identify Mold
Most people know mold when they see it. It is usually a dark or green blotch found growing on a bathroom wall or ceiling. It can be identified by some of the following characteristics:
- It exudes a musty odor
- It grows in a damp, moist environment
- It forms colonies that grow in irregular patterns
Mold is formed by microscopic spores, and it is a naturally occurring organism. A mycotoxin will not necessarily be present with most molds, but it is a good idea to get things checked out quickly. A mold mitigation team in Scottsdale, AZ, can arrive on the scene and do an inspection and damage assessment. This can tell you what type of mold is present and what steps to take to remove it.
How To Clean Mold
Proper mold remediation is the key to the removal of excess amounts of mold at a business. This often involves finding a water source such as a leaking roof or a broken pipe. Mold thrives in high humidity. Once the moisture has been removed, the mold can be cleaned up with a variety of advanced procedures. Mycotoxin is a scary word, and mold is nothing to be taken lightly, but in most cases, the situation can be cleaned up "Like it never even happened."